Friday, December 26, 2008

Hello Everyone.

Our time since arrival has been a bum rush for food and living essentials. E-mart, Time World, Family Mart, KimBap, *insert random korean restaurant name*, and Costco. Yes, Costco.

The flight was bearable.




Our first breakfast in Korea was cheap and plentiful (~$7!)


And Kim Bap (seaweed rice = korean sushi) costs a little over a dollar

When I try to write about all this, I'm lost for the words. It's not necessarily strange, or (overly) foreign, or physically taxing. I am mostly a mixture of thankful and confused. Thank you for my friend Nick who strikes out into the city, the language, and the culture with me. Thank you for Liz who is the coolest girlfriend ever in the midst of transitions. Thank you for my family who enjoyed Christmas at home for me, with me, in spite of my absence. Thank you for my friends who are always my friends.

Confused because my Circadian rhythms are reversing, my apartment is empty, and my home is a new one.

Do you understand what I'm trying to say?

Nick is playing the zaphoon (a reeded recorder/saxophone mix thingy??) Which means it's time to listen.

annyeong hi kae seyo,
David

2 comments:

  1. I'm betting on one more post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dralle!

    I am so glad to hear that you arrived safe and you are enjoying yourself! I Hope you can bring the great hunt to the shores of yet another country. Remember the great words of a Dwarf in a land far away..."Lets Hunt Some Orc!"

    I hope they don't get sick of your limitless curiosity and unyielding imagination because that's what I miss about you the most!

    Please update as much as you can!

    Your friend,

    KaM

    ReplyDelete