Sunday, January 4, 2009

Your Seoul is Mine

Last weekend we visited our friend Tim in Seoul. He and his friend, Jessica, showed us around.


The Seoul Subway system is formidable




Kleeman's road less traveled



Kleeman enjoying some warmth in Bar Da, our favorite dive (so far) in Seoul.



At LotteWorld (the world's largest indoor theme park) has, among other things, a shooting range. Here, Tim and I don Kevlar vests to enter the range.



I decided to try an Australian Beef Big Bulgogi burger (korean equivalent of a Big Mac, with Australian Beef). I don't plan on repeating the experience.

Here I am after watching "Tuh-Ran-Su-Por-Ta: Lasu-tu Mis-syu-nu".


That would be "Transporter: Last Mission", written in my best interpretation of Konglish. This is when Koreans take English words and use their alphabet (Hangul) to spell the words. There is always some noticable error in the conversion, but they try pretty hard. Hangul is pretty cool. The alphabet always follows the rules.

http://ling.kgw.tu-berlin.de/Hunminjongum/Alphabet/chart.jpg

The column is for consonants, the top row for vowels. The matrix entries are how to put'em all together! I'm sure you figured that out.

We've collected plenty of plants. I built the plant shelf and recently set up the ivy underneath this little tree someone in our apartment complex was giving away. I'm hoping the ivy goes crazy.


Hugs,
David































No comments:

Post a Comment